The Alumni Center has event and meeting spaces that are available for rent by members of the UConn community and the general public.
The entire Alumni Center, including access to the Husky Heritage Sports Museum and Husky Plaza, can be reserved at all times for the following rate:
Standard Rate: $300/hour
UConn Faculty/Staff: Contact for pricing options
Life Member/UConn Student Organization Rate: $250/hour
The following rooms can be reserved by an individual or organization:
Rates effective as of 7/1/2016
*Life Member – Those who paid lifetime dues to the UCAA, this membership is no longer available.
*UConn Faculty/Staff – for University related business.
- Discounted rates may be available for multi-day rentals. Please contact the Assistant Director of Alumni Center Operations.
- A catering kitchen is available for pre-approved caterers.
- Restrooms are located on both the upper and lower levels, and by the Sports Museum.
- Elevators are available for handicap access.
- Limited parking in the Alumni Lot is on a first-come, first-served basis. A parking pass is required and may be obtained from the front desk to display inside your vehicle.
- Additional parking is available in the garage at the corner of Alumni Drive and Hillside Road on an hourly fee basis.
By signing the Alumni Center Reservation Form, the sponsoring group agrees to abide by the policies set forth by the University of Connecticut and the UConn Foundation, Inc. concerning use of the Alumni Center.
These policies include those described throughout this website, in addition to:
- All materials brought into the Alumni Center must be removed at the conclusion of your event (food, decorations, etc.). If any materials are left in the Alumni Center, the responsible party will be subject to a cleaning charge of $200.
- A minimum of one UConn Foundation staff person is required at all functions on weekdays after 4 p.m., weekends or holidays, to be provided by the UConn Foundation as part of the rental fee.
- Hourly fees are based on the entire time the Alumni Center will be in use and includes arrival time of “host person,” (sponsoring groups contact person) caterer set-up and clean-up time.
- The UConn Foundation reserves the right to make or change space assignments as necessary. Under no circumstances are empty rooms to be used without prior approval by the Assistant Director of Alumni Center Operations.
- The sponsoring group is responsible for any and all damages to the Alumni Center or grounds. Lost or misplaced items are not the responsibility of the UConn Foundation.
- No notices shall be posted or affixed in the building including without limitation to the walls, stairways or hung from the ceiling, support beams or columns.
- The UConn Foundation does not provide access to copiers, fax machines, computers/printers, telephones or any other supplies except as otherwise agreed to in writing.
- The UConn Foundation will provide chairs and tables as available. Additional rentals, such as linens, more or different furniture are the responsibility of the sponsoring group.
Food and Beverage Policy
- All food and beverages required for meetings and events are the responsibility of the sponsoring group. Please notify the Assistant Director of Alumni Center Operations if you or your caterer will need access to the kitchen.
- The caterer selected must be pre-approved by the Assistant Director of Alumni Center Operations.
- All food/beverages and trash must be removed by the sponsoring group at the conclusion of the event.
- All caterers must provide the Assistant Director of Alumni Center Operations with the following at least five (5) working days prior to the event: Proof of liability coverage, naming the University of Connecticut Foundation, Inc. its officers, directors, employees, and agents as additional insureds on the policy, directly from the insurer.
- A copy of the food service license from the local health department and a Temporary Food Service Application (must be submitted to and approved by the University of Connecticut Environmental Health and Safety Department.)
- For non-University caterers, an agreement in writing to indemnify and hold harmless the University of Connecticut Foundation, Inc. its officers, directors, employees, and agents as additional insureds.
- Failure to provide any required information may result in the cancellation of the event.
Alcohol Serving Policy
The sponsoring group must notify the UConn Foundation that alcoholic beverages will be served. Alcoholic beverages may only be provided and served by those with a state liquor license/permit that allows them to serve alcoholic beverages at the Alumni Center.
The caterer or bartending service must provide the UConn Foundation with the following at least five (5) business days prior to the event:
- A copy of the liquor permit.
- Proof of liability coverage, naming the University of Connecticut Foundation, Inc. its officers, directors, employees, and agents as additional insureds on the policy, directly from the insurer.
- For non-University caterers, an agreement in writing to indemnify and hold harmless The University of Connecticut Foundation, Inc. its officers, directors, employees, and agents for any losses, damages, claims, demands or liability of any nature for injuries to persons and/or property, occurring in or about or in any way connected with caterer and its use at the Alumni Center including legal fees.
It is also recommended that the sponsoring group have host liability insurance coverage. Consumption of alcoholic beverages is limited to persons 21 years of age or older.
Alternate non-alcoholic beverages must also be provided.
No open alcohol outside of the Alumni Center.
All invoices are prepared by and are payable to the University of Connecticut Foundation, Inc. Invoices are to be paid upon receipt by check or credit card. Invoices not paid within 30 days jeopardize the sponsoring group’s future use of the Alumni Center. The UConn Foundation reserves the right to pursue all available legal and equitable remedies in the event invoices are not timely paid.
Security deposits are non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
If the space can be re-rented, the UConn Foundation will return any payments made, excluding security deposits. If the space cannot be re-rented:
- More than 30 days before the scheduled event, the UConn Foundation will refund all payments, excluding security deposits.
- Less than 30 days, no refund and the full amount of the rental will be billed to the sponsoring party.
- Termination Policy
A rental agreement may be terminated by the UConn Foundation for the following incident(s):
- Failure to adhere to above-mentioned policies.
- Failure to pay rental fees within thirty days of your event will prohibit future rentals at the Alumni Center. The UConn Foundation reserves the right to pursue all available legal and equitable remedies in the event invoices are not timely paid
- Inappropriate behavior of the sponsoring group or its guests.
- Damage to University or UConn Foundation property.
- Misuse and/or mistreatment of the Alumni Center and/or UConn Foundation staff.